At Advanced Technology Trading Company Limited we understand that your privacy is important to you so we take your privacy seriously and this policy sets out how we will handle your personal data securely and in accordance with your rights.
The data controller is Advanced Technology Trading Company Limited of Moreton House, 31 High Street, Buckingham, Buckinghamshire, MK18 1NU (“we”, “us” or “our”). Details of our notification to the data protection regulator may be found in the Information Commissioner’s Office Public Register of Data Controllers at ico.org.uk. Our registration number is ZA248795.
2. General Information
3. Information we may collect from you
We may collect personal data about you when you: visit our website; call our offices or agents; contract with us to use our services; apply for a job with us or start working with us. We may ask you to provide certain information personal information such as your:
• Email address
• Contact number
4. How we use your information
By submitting your data to us, either via our website or in person, we will make use of your information for a variety of purposes including but not limited to:
• communicate with you, including sending you information about our products and services
• delivering services that have been requested or purchased
• fulfil our contractual obligations to you
• contacting users directly such as through email or by telephone or indirectly such as through web based advertising with marketing messages regarding our services
• researching the effectiveness of our Website and our marketing, advertising and sales efforts collecting account receivables
• processing orders and payments
• developing additional services
• enable us to analyse your personal preferences and personalise our services to you
• conducting research and analysis
• comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject on the basis that processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations
• in pursuit of our legitimate interests, such as developing and/or consolidating our business, defending our legal rights and/or seeking advice from our professional advisors
5. Who do we share your information with?
In order to fulfil our service to you we will need to share your personal data. We will always carefully consider whether we have good justification for using your information and will not process it in a way that is inconsistent with the uses that we have explained to you and for the purposes of fulfilling our agreement with you. We will share it with:
• Our employees, agents and consultants carrying out work on our behalf
• Third party service providers such as credit check agencies, Financial services providers/lenders, insurance companies, we will provide them with the personal information they need to perform the service we request. We contractually require them to securely protect information, and not to use it for any other purpose
• Professional advisors, solicitors and other legal advisors
• Individuals who you nominate as referees to verify certain information
We may also share your Personal Data with third parties:
• in the event that Advanced Technology Trading Company Limited , either in whole or in part, is acquired by a third party (in which case Personal Data about customers will be one of the transferred assets);
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any contract with you; or to protect our rights, property, or the safety of our employees, customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention.
We will not sell or otherwise dispose of your Personal Data to any third party except where we are legally obliged to do so or where we believe that such action will protect our interests or that of our staff
6. How long do we store your personal data for?
We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was obtained, unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law or to otherwise fulfill a legal obligation
7. Where we store your personal data
In order to ensure fair and transparent processing, we will, taking into account our processing activities, adopt appropriate procedures for the processing of Personal Data, which shall include implementing technical and organisational measures which take into account the harm that may be suffered, and correct inaccuracies identified in Personal Data processed, so that risk of errors are minimised and your Personal Data is processed in a fair and secure manner. You should be aware that:
• All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or in secure paper files.
• Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
• From time to time, service providers, and organisations with whom we work , may be located outside the European Economic Area in countries that do not have the same standards of protection for personal data as the UK. We will, however, always use every reasonable effort to ensure sufficient protections are in place to safeguard your Personal Data. We will also ensure that our service providers enter into compliant processing agreements with us to ensure that your Personal Data is processed in accordance with applicable data protection legislation
8. What are your rights?
You have a number of rights concerning the personal information we use. These include the right to:
• access and obtain a copy of your data on request (known as a “data subject access request”)
• require the Company to change incorrect or incomplete data
• request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask the Company to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
• object to the processing of your data where the Company is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing
• withdraw your consent to use your personal information. Where you have provided consent for our processing of your personal data you may withdraw that consent at any time
• ask the Company to suspend the processing of your personal data for a period of time if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about its accuracy or the reason for processing it
• object to an automated decision, including profiling (for example, in terms of credit risk)
• lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, if you object to the way we use your personal information. For more information please go to www.ico.org.uk
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, or you have any questions about the privacy notice, please contact us by using the contact details on our website.
We will acknowledge your request and let you know what we will need from you to carry out your request, this may include formal identification. Every effort will be made to respond to or comply with your request as quickly as possible, and we will ensure our systems are updated as soon as is practicable in response to your request.
A cookie is a small file placed on your device when you visit a site that can be understood by the site that issued the cookie. We use the information collected by cookies to remember who you are and your preferences and to assess how our sites are used. You can accept or decline cookies through your browser settings. To learn more, please look at the cookie settings available in your specific web browser(s). Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites or other websites and online services.
10. IP addresses and other technologies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Sites, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyse how visitors use the Sites. The information obtained for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers.
The providers of third-party plug-ins and widgets on our Sites, such as embedded videos and social media sharing tools, may use automated means to collect information regarding your use of the Sites and your interactions with the plug-ins and widgets. We may also receive information you have made available to those third party services, including the geographic location of your mobile device and other information about you (such as name, email address, gender, locale, time zone, languages, social media profile URL, personal website URL, biographical information, birthday, photo, list of devices, education history, work history, hometown, interests, current city, political views, favourite athlete and teams, relationship status and information, religion, name of significant other, and certain security settings information) and your contacts on those services. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of the third party providers of the plug-ins and widgets.
11. Links to Other Websites
This website contains links to third party websites. Any such links are provided for your information only. We have no control over these websites. We cannot guarantee the content of these websites and accept no liability for any loss arising from your use of such websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Where may have additional social media links such as but not limited to Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Pinterest, Google +; If you have accounts with these providers, their terms shall apply to processing of your personal information.
12. Children’s privacy
Our products and services are aimed for use by adults and are not directed to children under the age of 13 years of age.